Scheduling an Appointment
- The BVH operates an Emergency Room which opens between the hours of 7:00am -9:30pm daily.
- Only patients above the age of 18 years are admitted at the institution
- Only patients with mental illnesses (cases non-forensic in nature) are admitted to the institution
The BVH welcomes all visitors to the institution and values the feedback regarding the quality of service offered to our clients/patients. Hence the institution has provided avenues for individuals to make suggestions, recommendations, etc., in order to ensure continued improvement in service delivery to our patients. To facilitate such dialogue, this Visitors’ Guide highlights the feedback mechanisms available at the institution as well as other pertinent information for first time visitors to the institution:-
- The BVH’s visiting hours are 10:00am – 12noon & 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Suggestion boxes are placed on each ward and in the reception area
- The Department of Patient Services (DPS) addresses all queries/ complaints / concerns as it relates to the patient. The opening hours are from 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Thursday and 8:30-4:00pm on Fridays.
- Complaints may be expressed both formally (written) or informally (verbal). These are investigated and are pursued in accordance with the Client Complaint Mechanism stipulated by the Ministry Of Health.
- All Medico- legal matters are also dealt with by the DPS. Patients and family members (next of kin) requesting any correspondence for themselves or a family member, must sign the relevant authorization form in order for the commencement of the action requested.
- All Medico -legal matters except for those that can be addressed via simple letters, will take between 5 to 10 working days to complete.
‘No Food Policy’
In order to protect our most vulnerable patients, the hospital has instituted a ‘no food. This means that visitors are not allowed to bring any form of food or drink for the patients. The hospital will continue to provide the nutritional meals required by each patient through their specified diets.